Sunday 2 October 2011

Doctor Who: At home with The Ponds...

Thoroughly enjoyed the Doctor Who Series 6 finale, The Wedding Of River Song, last night. Not going to say too much, I know there are still people who haven't seen it yet - though I doubt they'll be reading this. However, if there are, slight spoilers contained herein...

I was Tweeting earlier, as I was pondering Amy and Rory's living arrangements. Where and When are they living? This is what I Tweeted to @BlogtorWho (), all edited together, and filled out where applicable...


"Amy and Rory's house. They were living in a nice little place in April, when they're invited to see The Doctor in Utah, after which, they stay with the Doctor for a while, before being left with a new house and car, date unknown. However, at the end of The Wedding Of River Song, which is (presumably) shortly after The Doctor has died (in April), they live in a house (which may or may not be the one given to them in The God Complex, but is certainly not where they were living at the start of The Impossible Astronaut). So: my question is where and when is the scene with Amy, Rory and River at the end of The Wedding Of River Song set? April? Present day? Some other timeline? Because I'm fucked if I know."

It's still puzzling me a little. I sent a Tweet to Steven Moffat (@Steven_Moffat) himself. Not heard back yet - don't really expect to - but this is what I asked him...

"Much as I loved last night's #DoctorWho, I need something answering, and I *do* apologise in advance… Where and *when* are Amy and Rory living at A)The start of The Impossible Astronaut? B)The end of The God Complex? And C)The end of The Wedding Of River Song? Cause I can't quite work it out. I'm awkward like that. :) Roll on Christmas. ;)"

Still. This is just my pedantic head at work...

No comments:

Post a Comment